- Disasters Emergency Committee
Launches and co-ordinates the UK's National Appeal in response to major disasters overseas.
- Hurricane Katrina 2005 (212)
Learn about Hurricane Katrina, the 2005 hurricane that hit South Florida and devastated the Gulf Coast. Find news sources, blogs, photo galleries, government advisories, and relief agency sites addressing the tropical cyclone and its aftermath.
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
Includes hurricane information.
- National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention (NIED)
Designs and conducts research projects to investigate mechanisms of how and when natural disasters occur, with the aim of being able to predict such disasters before they occur.
- International Tanker Owners Pollution Federation, Ltd.
Detailed information about ITOPF and oil spills from tankers including historical data; fate and effects; clean-up techniques; planning and response; compensation; and sources of further information.
- MEMA: Hurricane Gustav Information
Public information line - 866-519-MEMA - and Hurricane Gustav updates from the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency.
- Exxon Valdez (5)
- Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters (CRED)
Offers information about the institution and EM-DAT: The OFDA/CRED International Disaster Database.
- Hurricane Rita 2005 (23)
Learn about Hurricane Rita, the 18th tropical cyclone of the 2005 Atlantic Hurricane Season. Find National Weather Service and news sites providing public advisories, warnings, storm tracking and forecasting maps, satellite images, and local evacuation information for Rita 2005.
- Caribbean Disaster Emergency Response Agency (CDERA)
Regional inter-governmental agency responsible for disaster management.
- Northern California Earthquake Data Center (NCEDC)
Joint project of the UC Berkeley Seismological Laboratory and the USGS. Long-term archive and distribution center for seismological and geodetic data for Northern and Central California.
- Battling California's Wildfires
Find fire disaster assistance information, maps, useful phone numbers, wildfire links, and Red Cross shelter updates. The California Fire Report is provided by the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services.
- Islamic Relief Worldwide
International relief and development organizations, working towards alleviating the poverty and suffering of the world's poorest people, irrespective of race, creed, and religion.
- Asian Disaster Reduction Center (ADRC)
Initiatives promoting regional disaster reduction cooperation. Site includes member country disaster plan and basic information.
- Aral Sea Region Development and Humanitarian Assistance Program
Addresses both the humanitarian and environmental crisis ensuing from the diversion of water resources to the Aral Sea.
- National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC)
Policy-making, coordinating and supervising body for disaster management in the country. Site includes downloadable emergency preparedness plan.
- 2003 Northeast Blackout (8)
- Disaster Mitigation Institute (DMI)
Promotes work, food, water, and shelter security.
- Emergency Preparedness Canada
Seeks to safeguard lives and reduce damage to property by fostering better preparedness for emergencies in Canada.
- Asian Disaster Preparedness Center