- History of Cartography Project
Explores the social contexts, historical functions, and technical production of maps from all cultures of the world.
- Sci-Philately: A Selective History of Science on Stamps
Showcases the range of published science-related postal materials, along with the stories behind the images on the stamps.
- Muslim Scientists and Islamic Civilization
Covering scientific contributions before the European Renaissance, 700-1500 C.E. Includes list of leading Muslim scientists, quotations, section on the Qur'an and scientific knowledge, and more.
- Biotech Chronicles
A brief history of biotech discoveries, including essays on genetics and DNA research, profiles of influential individuals who have helped build the biotechnology industry, and time lines.
- History of Chemical Engineering & Chemical Technology
The growth and change in the chemical industry, the chemical engineering profession, and its educational infrastructure.
- GIS History Project
Goals include documenting the history of Geographic Information Systems, especially the early days of the technology.
- Lighting the Way
Smithsonian participatory project in gathering and presenting information on changes in the science and technology of electric lighting over the past 30 years, especially the effects of energy issues on lighting.
- Smithsonian Institution: Science Service Historical Image Collection 1926-1976
Scientific research consisting of images and their original captions as they appeared in period publications, providing a 40-year history of innovation.
- Jason's Web Site on Ancient Greek Science
With sections on agriculture, astronomy, earth science, mathematics and medicine.
- Voyages: Scientific Circumnavigations, 1679-1859
Online exhibition devoted to the great scientific expeditions of the Age of Sail.
- Canadian Railway Telegraph History@