- Research Laboratory of Electronics - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
One major thrust is centered on electronics and optics, and the other is centered on language, speech, and hearing.
- Optical Microsystems Group - Delft University of Technology
Gives a short description of microoptical activities in The Electronic Instrumentation Laboratory of the Department of Electrical Engineering in the Delft University of Technology, Netherlands.
- OptoElectronic Computing Group - University of California, San Diego
- Center for Applied Optical Sciences (CAOS) - Alabama A&M University
A group of optical information processing researchers, specializing in: holography, pulse coupled and conventional neural nets, pattern recognition, optical and quantum computing.
- Optoelectronic Computing Systems Center (OCS) - University of Colorado at Boulder
Resource in high performance computing systems, focused on free-space optical interconnects, special purpose optical processors, and computer peripheral technology.
- KAOS Advanced Optoelectronic Systems Research Group - University of Colorado
- Optical Communication Technology - Technische Universitat Hamburg
Integrated optics, fiber optics, frequency shifters, recirculating delay lines and more.
- NOAO Optics and Coatings Labs (NOCL)
Responsible for the fabrication, assembly, testing, and support of the optical instrumentation, telescopes, and systems for the National Optical Astronomy Observatories.
- Center for X-Ray Optics (CXO) - University at Albany, State University of New York
Uses x-ray beam lines to test and employ X-ray capillary optics.
- Optical Engineering Laboratory (OEL) - University of Warwick
Producing some ground breaking results from Particle Image Velocimetry.