- Atmosphere in Motion: Air Pressure, Forces, and Winds
Collection of links and illustrated lecture notes describing how wind is generated.
- Atmosphere: Change is in the Air
Incorporates images and information from the Atmosphere: Change is in the Air exhibition developed by the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History. Learn about the chemistry, properties, and significance of Earth's atmosphere.
- Boreal Ecosystem-Atmosphere Study (BOREAS)
Large climatology project studying the boreal forest of Canada learning how the forest and atmosphere interact, how it is affected by climate change, and how satellites can monitor this.
- CRISTA: CRyogenic Infrared Spectrometers and Telescopes for the Atmosphere
Limb-scanning satellite experiment, designed and developed by the University of Wuppertal to measure infrared emissions of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Encyclopedia of the Atmospheric Environment
Examines a range of atmospheric issues, including air quality, acid rain, global warming, and ozone depletion. In English and French.
- Journal of Atmospheric and Terrestrial Physics (JASTP)
Dedicated to the physics of the Earth's atmospheric and space environment, the journal referees and publishes research papers.
- Keele Model Atmosphere Directory (K-MAD)
Provides details of work being done on stellar atmosphere modelling. Also includes the MAD newsletter.
- Large Scale Biosphere - Atmosphere Experiment in Amazonia
Multi-disciplinary, international research effort designed to understand climatological, ecological, biogeochemical, and hydrologic functioning of Amazonia.
- Resources in Atmospheric Sciences
Collection of short articles and resources about weather and climate.
- Space and Atmospheric Science at the Arecibo Observatory
Learn about their instrumentation and browse their databases: Arecibo Aeronomy Database, Arecibo GPS-TEC, and the Ionosonde Data Management.
- Thermosphere, Ionosphere, Mesosphere Energetics and Dynamics (TIMED)
Provides a benchmark for future studies of natural and human-induced changes to the Earth's atmosphere, providing an avenue for early warning of global change.
- Wikipedia: Earth's Atmosphere
Article about the Earth's atmosphere, a layer of gases surrounding the planet Earth and retained by the Earth's gravity. Learn about its characteristics: temperature, layers, pressure, and composition.