- NOAA Fisheries Office of Protected Resources
Provides oversight and guidance on the conservation of marine mammals, endangered species, and their habitats.
- A Decade of Discovery - Census of Marine Life
Presenting the latest results and new species discoveries from the Census of Marine Life. See photos and videos of newly discovered sea creatures.
- 27 Aquatic Lifeforms You Never Caught While Fishing
Eye boggling post from Bounty Fishing.
- eNature: Seashore Creatures
Nature and wildlife field guides for near shore and intertidal residents. Find photos of corals, anemenes, urchins, sea stars, crabs, plantlike animals, and others that dwell along the rocky coast..
- British Columbia Creature Page
Designed to aid in identifying fish and invertebrates found along the British Columbia Coast.
- Coral & Invert Library
Pictorial gallery with pictures, descriptions, and morphologies of corals, invertebrates, and algae.
- TappedInto Blue Voice
Engaged in preserving the ocean environment and creatures. Features video on dolphins, ocean trawling, and the short film "Island at the Edge."
- Freshwater and Marine Image Bank
A digital collection of images related to freshwater and marine topics that can be searched and browsed. Also contains a bibliography.
- Horia's Marine Biology Page
Includes pictures of some hydroid species, urchin (Paracentrotus lividus) development, and other marine invertebrates.
- Marine Specimens Database
Excellent taxonomic database of marine life with pictures.
- Underwater Field Guide to Ross Island & McMurdo Sound, Antarctica
Photos and descriptions provided to facilitate visual underwater or topside field identification of sponges, anemones, mollusks, vertebrates, and other marine species.