- Wikipedia: Locust
Profiles the short-horned grasshoppers of the family Acrididae that is capable of swarming under certain conditions.
- Chinese Cricket Culture
Encompasses a 2000 year history of both singing insects and fighting crickets.
- Orthoptera: Crickets, Katydids, Grasshoppers, Etc.
Tree of Life article describing both the longhorned orthopterans (crickets, katydids, and weta) and the shorthorned orthopterans (grasshoppers and locusts.)
- Pygmy Locusts: Tertigidae of the World
Introduction to the small grasshoppers of the family Tetrigidae.
- Mole Cricket Knowledgebase and Tutorials
Database developed by the University of Florida.
- Desert Locust in Africa and Western Asia: Complexities of War, Politics, Perilous Terrain, and Development
Looks at the impact of locust plagues on the economy and health of the Africa and Western Asia region.
- Caelifera: Shorthorned Grasshoppers, Locusts and Relatives
Introduction to the grasshoppers, commonly referred to as locusts, from Tree of Life.
- Crickets in the Classroom
Using common field and house crickets to teach observation skills, measurement, and some biology. Features drawings, lesson plans, and links.
- O. Orkin Insect Zoo: Orthoptera
Introduction to their diversity, habitat, form and function, lifecycle, and more.
- Grasshoppers of Wyoming and the West
Guide to Acrididae ecology, biology, and management. Includes identification keys for the grasshoppers of Wyoming and New Mexico.
- Grasshoppers, Katydids and Bush-Crickets
Contains a ready to print-out report about orthopetroids, with photos and facts.
- Grasshoppers: Their Biology, Identification and Management
An integrated pest management user handbook created by the USDA. Discusses strategies to prevent grasshopper outbreaks, commonly know as locust plagues. Also provides grasshopper species fact sheets for over 50 species.
- FAO Locust and Other Migratory Pests Group
Tracking plagues and upsurges of Desert Locust swarms, outbreaks of other locust and pest species, and animal diseases. Includes the Desert Locust Information Service in English, French, Arabic, and Spanish.