- European Environment Agency
Environmental information centre of the European Union
- DG XI - Environment (2)
Find sites for European Commission DG-XI - Environment set up by the European Commission to initiate and define environmental legislation across the member countries. Sites offer organization details, strategic objectives, work programs, annual environment policy reviews, and the annual business awards given by the Directorate General of the EC, based in Brussels, Belgium.
- European Federation for Transport and Environment
European umbrella for NGOs working in the field of transport and the environment, promoting an environmentally responsible approach to transport.
- EUCC: The Coastal Union
Association promoting coastal conservation with members and member organizations in 40 countries in Europe and neighboring regions.
- Network for Industrially Contaminated Land in Europe (NICOLE)
A concerted action of the European Union encompassing company, industry, policy, and regulatory interests to better manage contaminated land and its risks.
- MODB: The Mediterranean Oceanic Data Base
Delivering advanced data products for oceanographic research in the Mediterranean Sea.
- European Society for Environmental History (ESEH)
Aims to promote environmental history in Europe, by encouraging and supporting research, teaching, and publications in the field.
- International Institute for the Urban Environment
Provides overview and methodology of ongoing projects in EU cities.
- EU Ecolabel (1)
- Seine River (2)
- EEA: Up-to-Date Information on Ozone Conditions Across Europe
Interactive map sponsored by the European Environment Agency shows current air quality conditions across Europe. Data includes ozone statistics, connections between ozone pollution and health, and air quality legislation.
Environmental project studying pollutants in the troposhere.
- Danube River (6)
- European Spatial Planning: Adapting to Climate Events
ESPACE is raising the awareness of adapting to climate change and the effects of global warming at a local, national, and European level.
- Atmospheric Deposition and Impact of Pollutants, Key Elements and Nutrients on the Open Mediterranean Sea (ADIOS)
Describes the strategy and tasks of this research project of the European Commission in understanding the factors affecting this ecologically sensitive marine environment.
- Loire River (2)
European network for the assessment of air quality by the use of bioindicator plants.
- Rhine River (4)
- SEWING: System for European Water Monitoring
Working to create prototypes of microsystems based on new types of ISFETs and other chemical sensors, selectively sensitive to various polluting ions.
- Regional Biological Invasions Center (RBIC)
Inter-institutional program for research on biology, impacts, and management of aquatic and terrestrial invasive species in Northwest Russia and adjacent areas of Europe.