Capital: Abuja; note - on 12 December 1991 the capital was officially transferred from Lagos to Abuja; most federal government offices have now moved to Abuja
Population: 128,771,988 (July 2005)
Location: Western Africa, bordering the Gulf of Guinea, between Benin and Cameroon
More information about Nigeria
- Wikipedia: Nigeria
User-generated article featuring history of Nigeria, politics, local government, geography, culture, and social issues.
- Guardian, The
Independent Nigerian newspaper established for the purpose of presenting balanced coverage of events.
- Federal Government of Nigeria
Official site containing a country profile, governmental, economic, and cultural information.
- Kuti, Fela (1938-1997) (5)
- World Factbook: Nigeria
Information about the geography, economic, infrastructure, and government of Nigeria.
- Nigeria Independent Media Center
Collective of independent media organizations and hundreds of journalists offering grassroots, non-corporate coverage.
- Motherland Nigeria
Includes general information on geography, food, education, cultures, history, and more.
- United States: Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in Washington D.C.
Hosts a community of Nigerians and friends of Nigeria.
- Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission
Informs on investment opportunities, sector profiles, and business related news.
- Nigerian Communications Commission
Provides information on the organization and regulation of the Nigerian telecommunications sector.
- U.S. Library of Congress Country Study: Nigeria
In-depth introduction to the country's history, society and culture, economy, and government.
- Corporate Affairs Commission
Regulates and supervises the formation, incorporation, management, and development of companies in Nigeria.
- BBC Country Profiles: Nigeria
Features an overview of the country, its leaders, and local media.
- United States: Consulate General of Nigeria in Atlanta, GA
Site features consulate contact numbers, locations, and visa information.
- Edo Nation Online
Forum for the Edo community. Also offers information on the history and culture of the Edo people located in the southern part of Nigeria.
- Nigerian Entertainment Online Magazine
Offers local information on music, movies, books, fashion, and art.
- Presidential Research and Communications Unit
Prepares and disseminates current, complete, and accurate information about the Nigerian government's activities and thinking on all political, social, and economic matters.
- Kuti, Femi (1)
- African Studies Center: Nigeria Page
Online resources for Nigeria, including country profile, culture, economy, and other related links.