- Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR)
Offers degree programs and research on economic, technological, social, political, and ecological development.
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management (IISWBM)
Offers post graduate courses in business management, social welfare, human resources management, public systems management, industrial safety, travel and tourism.
- Institute of Rural Management Anand
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO)
Promotes industrial development through partnership with private enterprise.
- Archeological Survey of India
Organization for archaeological researches and protection of cultural heritage of India. Includes monuments and excavation details, conservation and preservation information, legislations, and photo gallery
- Ethnologue: India
Overview of the languages spoken in India.
- Indian Council of Social Science Research
Promotes research in social sciences by awarding fellowships to scholars and financial support to institutes, associations, and journals. Located in New Delhi, India.
- Mother's Service Society, The
Studies basic laws of human development based on the theory of creation propounded by Sri Aurobindo.
- Gram Vikas
Promotes rural development, education, health, and social justice in Orissa, India.
- Institute for Social and Economic Change
Offers PhD programs.
- Central Institute of Higher Tibetan Studies (CIHTS)
Aims to preserve Tibetan culture and tradition by imparting a 9 year integrated course from Madhyama to Acharya.
- Rajagiri College of Social Sciences
Offers post graduate and doctoral programmes.
- Goethals Indian Library and Research Center
Collections focus on Indological research and reference.
- India Development Information Network
Portal site for development issues on India. Has a searchable database of NGOs and a development newspaper.
- Rural Technology Institute Gujarat
Coordinating efforts to promote appropriate technology for rural development.
- Prehistoric Rock Paintings of Bhimabetaka
Photographs, line drawings and essay about the rock art found at this Central India site.
- Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta
Premier Social Science research institute based in Kolkata, India, promotes and coordinates researches in social sciences. Also awards fellowships and scholarships to the scholars.
- M.R. Morarka-GDC Rural Research Foundation
Promotes vermi culture, compost, rural development projects, watershed development, and organic farming.
- Writer's Block, The
Provides documentation services and training in technical writing. Located in Bangalore, India.