- 2008 Summer Olympics - Beijing (68)
Read about the 2008 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the XXIX Olympiad, scheduled to be held in Beijing, China in 2008. Sites include general information, news, host city, key venues, events details, preparations, business opportunities, and trivia about the Summer Games and its motto "One World, One Dream."
Offers history, economic, and travel information of Beijing. Also includes local attractions, education, and sister cities. English version is viewable only in Internet Explorer.
- National Library of China
Official government site of Beijing offers an overview of China's capital city, including local news, travel information, municipal government, sister cities, and expatriate life. Site in English and Chinese.
- China: Embassy of France in Beijing
- China: Embassy of Australia in Beijing
- China: Italian Embassy in Beijing
- Tiananmen, April-June 1989
A pictorial history.
- China: British Embassy in Beijing
- Capital Club
Private, bi-lingual (English and Chinese) club offers meeting rooms, dining, and athletic facilities.
- China: Embassy of the Czech Republic in Beijing
Visa and consulary information, economy and trade, history, culture, politics, general information, contacts, and links. Also in Czech and Chinese.
- Beijing Energy Efficiency Center
Promoting energy efficiency in China.
Workshop devoted to aquaculture challenges in Asia in response to the Bangkok Declaration on Sustainable Aquaculture. Beijing, China; April 27-30, 2002.
- International Conference on Agricultural Science and Technology (ICAST 2001)
Beijing, China; November 7-9, 2001.
- Foreign Affairs: The Tiananmen Papers
Transcripts of reports and minutes that reveal the decision-making of Chinese leaders including Deng Xiaoping, Li Peng, and Zhao Ziyang at the time of the Tiananmen Square demonstrations.
- Deng Xiaoping: June 9 Speech to Martial Law Units
Translation of the Chinese leader's speech to military commanders praising their handling
- Tiananmen Square, 1989: The Declassified History
Collection of National Security Archive documents concerning the Chinese army crackdown on democracy protesters on June 4th, 1989.
- BBC News: Tiananmen Square Remembered
Special report on the 10th anniversary of the massacre.