- MedlinePlus: Whooping Cough
Offers links to general articles, information on pertussis vaccines, and statistics.
Includes information about pertussis for health care providers and parents. Includes audio clip of the distinctive whooping cough, a disease overview, FAQ, and other resources.
- MayoClinic: Whooping Cough
Overview of symptoms and treatment of the vaccine-preventable lung infection medically known as pertussis.
- KidsHealth: Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
Includes symptoms and treatment of the respiratory infection characterized by severe coughing spells that end in a "whooping" sound when the person breathes in.
- Whooping Cough Information
Comprehensive information on treatment, complications, prevention, and description of symptoms, including audio files of the typical whooping cough.
- eMedicineHealth: Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
Lists causes, symptoms, treatment, and preventive measures against the infectious bacterial illness that affects the respiratory passages.
- Whooping Cough Facts
Basic overview of the disease.
- MayoClinic: Whooping Cough: Treatments and Drugs
Explains the treatment for whooping cough depending on your age and the severity of signs and symptoms.
- KidsHealth: Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
Whooping cough, or pertussis, is an infection of the respiratory, with its first symptoms similar to those of a common cold.
- Yahoo! Health: Whooping Cough Topic Center
Basic disease information such as symptoms, causes and risk factors, tests and diagnostics, treatments, and complications from the highly contagious bacterial disease that causes uncontrollable, violent coughing.
- CDC: Pertussis (Whooping Cough): Signs and Symptoms
Pertussis (whooping cough) can cause serious illness in infants, children and adults. ... starts with cold-like symptoms and maybe a mild cough or fever. ...
- MayoClinic: Whooping Cough: Symptoms
Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment of this vaccine-preventable lung infection.