- MedlinePlus: Osteoarthritis
Most common type of arthritis, especially among older people. Sometimes called degenerative joint disease or osteoarthrosis.
- MedicineNet: Osteoarthritis (Degenerative Arthritis)
Features FAQs and information on osteoarthritis, causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
- Arthritis Foundation: Osteoarthritis (OA) Disease Center
Online resources for the degenerative joint disease including message boards.
- Osteoarthritis: Diagnosis and Therapeutic Considerations
Article on rheumatologic disorder of the joints, its diagnosis, and therapeutic practices. From American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP).
- WebMD: Osteoarthritis Basics
Information on the degenerative joint disease, causes, symptoms, treatment, and care and management of osteoarthritis.
- American College of Rheumatology: Osteoarthritis
Patient information of signs and symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, and managing the pain and progression of degenerative joint disease.
- About.com: Osteoarthritis
Articles and information about osteoarthritis, its causes, symptoms, treatment, and facts.
- About Osteoarthritis
Gives background information on the condition, plus details of early symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.
- NIAMS: Osteoarthritis
Patient handout on osteoarthritis, its symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and research. From National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS).
- PDRHealth: Osteoarthritis
Covers signs and symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment for osteoarthritis characterized by disabling pain and stiffness of one or more joints.
- podiatrychannel: Osteoarthritis
Overview of osteoarthritis, the common form of arthritis. Includes causes, diagnosis, and treatment.
- HealthAtoZ: Osteoarthritis
Information on the age-related disease causing degeneration of joint cartilage.