- CDC: Chikungunya Fever
From the CDC Division of Vector-Borne Infectious Diseases, featuring fact sheet, oubreak notice to travelers, and number of chikungunya cases reported.
- CDC: Outbreak Notice Chikungunya Fever and International Travel
Includes advice for travelers.
- Chikungunya Fever Among U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers
1986 report of a Chikungunya outbreak. Also includes a brief history of the disease since it was first recognized in the 1950s.
- Chikungunya Fever Epidemic in Reunion Island
Article on the 2006 outbreak of Chikungunya fever in Reunion. Also features content in French.
- Complete Nucleotide Sequence of Chikungunya Virus and Evidence for an Internal Polyadenylation Site
Presents data on the genomic sequence of chikungunya virus (CHIK; S27 African prototype). From the Journal of General Virology.
- DoctorNDTV: Chikungunya
Disease information about chikungunya, its epidemiology, treatment, and preventive measures for the viral fever characterized by arthritic joint pain, severe headache, chills, and nausea.
- Living in Indonesia: Chikungunya
Information about Chikungunya and its symptoms. Also features related articles.
- NVBDCP: Chikungunya
From the National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme (NVBDCP) in India. Features detailed chikungunya factsheet, weekwise outbreak trends in various states, and an investigation of the outbreak in Alapuzzha, a southern Indian district.
- ScienceDaily: How Chikungunya Virus Has Spread To New Vectors And Locations
Research news reports how the chikungunya virus has increased its ability to infect and be transmitted by the Asian tiger mosquito, Aedes albopictus.
- Vad's Corner: Chikungunya Virus
Features links to information about chikungunya, including news about outbreaks and medical articles.
- WHO: Chikungunya Fever, A Re-emerging Disease in Asia
Fact sheet featuring epidemiology and case definition, laboratory diagnosis, treatment, and prevention and control.
- WHO: What Is Chikungunya Fever?
Online Q&A describing chikungunya fever, the viral illness spread by the bites of infected mosquitoes.
- Wikipedia : Chikungunya
Overview and definition of Chikungunya, a rare viral fever that is spread by mosquito bites. Includes information about symptoms and treatment.