- U.S Naval Research Laboratory: Stennis Space Center, MS
Corporate research laboratory for the Navy and Marine Corps. Conducts a broad program of scientific research, technology, and advanced development.
- NRL-SSC 7300 - Oceanography Division
Major center for in-house Navy research and development in oceanography. Known nationally and internationally for its combination of theoretical, numerical, and experimental approaches to oceanographic problems.
- NRL-SSC 7320 - Ocean Dynamics and Prediction Branch
Performs basic and applied research in computer modeling of ocean hydro/thermodynamics, modeling of ice dynamics, computational numerical techniques, data assimilation, and the analysis of satellite oceanographic data as related to the development of modeling and data assimilation capabilities.
- NRL-SSC 7430 - Seafloor Sciences Branch
Provides the Navy with the understanding, description, modeling, and quantitative prediction of marine geological environments in terms that relate to Navy systems design, construction, and operations.
- NRL-SSC 7440 - Mapping, Charting, and Geodesy Branch
Functioning as the Navy?s lead lab in mapping, charting and geodesy.
- NRL-SSC 7330 - Ocean Sciences Branch
Conducts basic and applied research in ocean physics, air-sea interaction, ocean optics, and marine microbially influenced corrosion.
- NRL-SSC 7180 - Acoustic Simulation, Measurements and Tactics Branch
Home to TOWAN, a data server dedicated to supplying the Department of Defense and their contractors with environmental data for simulation, modeling, and other analyses.
- NRL-SSC 7420 - Marine Physics Branch
Conducts research and technology programs supporting the development of systems and techniques pertinent to Navy operational missions. Including long range acoustic detection, localization of targets, as well as surface and subsurface navigation.
- NRL-SSC 7400 - Marine Geosciences Division
Conducts a broadly-based, multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technology development. Directed towards maritime and other national applications of geosciences, geospatial information, and related technologies.