- Aaron, Richard E.
Photos and stories of legendary musicians.
- Abbott, Berenice (1898-1991) (3)
- Abell, Sam (b. 1945) (5)
- Adams, Ansel (1902-1984) (11)
Best known for his images of Yosemite Valley and America's National Parks, Ansel Adams was also the author of several instructional books on photography. Along with Fred Archer he developed the Zone System, a systematic method for translating the tonalities of a scene into specific densities on negatives and paper.
- Adams, Robert (b. 1937) (5)
- Allard, William Albert (b.1937)
Photographer known for his book Vanishing Breed and his work with National Geographic.
- Alvarez Bravo, Manuel (b.1902)
- Arbus, Diane (1923-1971) (3)
- Arnold, Eve (b. 1913)
- Arnold, Steven
Photographer, illustrator, stylist, and set designer.
- Arthus-Bertrand, Yann (b. 1946) (3)
Yann Arthus-Bertrand is a photojournalist specializing in adventure, sports, and nature photography. His best known works are aerial shots taken from a hot air balloon.
- Atget, Eugene (1856-1927) (1)
- Avedon, Richard (1923-2004) (8)
Learn about Richard Avedon, the American photographer who led fashion photography into the realm of fine art. Sites offer biography, career, portrait gallery, images, interview, and obituary for the first staff photographer at The New Yorker who captured many famous faces of the celebrities and from the American West.
- Avery, Sid (1918-2002) (2)