- Online NewsHour: Remembering the March
40th-anniversary program about the 1963 March on Washington combining video and text reports about one of the defining moments in America's history.
- King's "I Have a Dream" Speech@
- March on Washington, 1963: "We Stood on a Height"
Photographs and narrative of the March on Washington in 1963, the event that came to symbolize the Civil Rights Movement. By Steven Kasher.
- King Encyclopedia: March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom
Short, linked article describing the goals and results of the 1963 March on Washington.
- Wikipedia: March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom
Briefly describes the political rally that took place on August 28, 1963, during which Martin Luther King, Jr., delivered his I Have a Dream speech.
- Fact Monster: March on Washington
Provides an account of the 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. Includes information on the background of the march, the coalition that organized and executed it, and the different speeches that were given.
- March on Washington and Its Impact, The
Provides a lesson plan to help students understand the 1963 March on Washington and its legacy. Includes links to materials for the lesson, questions for students, and extension activities.
- WGBH: 1963 March on Washington
Five-part radio series from WGBH in Boston, marking the 40th anniversary of the 1963 March on Washington. Outlines the events that led up to the march, the march itself, the aftermath, and the progress in the last 40 years.
- Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr., The: March on Washington
Excerpt from the autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr. in which he describes the organization of the 1963 March on Washington, his speech, and the effect of media coverage.
- March on Washington, 1963
Examines the history of the 1963 March on Washington, and its significance to the Civil Rights Movement. Includes information about the history of the civil rights movement, quotes about the march, and positive and negative effects of the march.
- NPR: The March on Washington
Series of audio reports and articles from National Public Radio commemorating the 40th anniversary of the 1963 March on Washington.