- Slater Mill Museum
Living history museum celebrating the lives of the New England villagers, inventors, artisans, and entrepreneurs who created the American Industrial Revolution. Named for the spinning mill used for the production of textiles.
- Rhode Island Historical Preservation and Heritage Commission
State office for historic preservation, archaeology, architectural history, preservation loans, and preservation tax credits.
- American Diner Museum
Dedicated to the preservation and history of American diners.
- Heritage Harbor Museum
Consortium of historical and cultural organizations that combine to tell the story of all Rhode Islanders.
- Newport Historical Society
Contains information about the Society's collections, historic sites, educational programs, exhibits, and tours.
- Providence Maritime Heritage Foundation
Also home of the Sloop Providence.
- Cape Verdean Museum Exhibit
The museum dedicated to Cape Verde and Cape Verdean-Americans in the US. Has displays on the slavery, packet ships, whaling, the cranberry bogs, Cape Verde music, and the arts.
- Varnum Continentals and Varnum Armory
Re-enactment group carrying on the traditions started by Col James Varnum in the Revoluntary War.
- What did you do in the war, Grandma?
History of Rhode Island women during World War II.
- Rhode Island GenWeb Project
Includes county information, strategies for research, cemeteries, maps, and census records.
- Kenyon Family Genealogy of Rhode Island Origins