- A History of East Palo Alto
Covers such topics as the Ohlone Indians, Runnymede, Cooley's Landing, municipal government (1966-1980s), and incorporation (1981-1987).
- A. K. Smiley Library
Serving the citizens of Redlands, California since 1894. Also home of the Lincoln Memorial Shrine Museum.
- Alameda Historical Museum
Photo tour highlighting historic furniture, documents, Ohlone relics, and more.
- Alameda Legacy Home Tour
Assists homeowners and business people to appreciate the history behind their properties, and learn restoration techniques.
- All the Saints of the City of the Angels
Poetic and historical road trip through the City of Los Angeles, California, exploring it's cultural and spiritual heritage by traveling through the 85 streets bearing the names of saints.
- Amalgamator - Skidoo, 1909
True adventure story of the early 20th Century mining camp Skidoo.
- Ambassador Hotel@
- American Memory: California as I Saw It
First-person narratives of California's early years, 1849-1900.
- American Memory: The Chinese in California, 1850-1925
Illustrates Chinese immigration to California from 1850 to 1925 through photographs, cartoons, letters, diaries, business records, and legal documents.
- Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum
Museum located in Vista, California, featuring collections of gas and steam engines from American farming communities.
- Anza, Juan Bautista de (1736-1788)@
- Archaeological Survey Association of Southern California
Avocational archaeology organization offering online features, resources, publications, downloadables, and news.
- At The Presidio
Exploring diverse cultural riches of the American West and the Pan-Pacific region.