- American Institute for Conservation (AIC)
National membership organization of conservation professionals dedicated to preserving the art and historic artifacts.
- Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI)
Created in 1972 to promote the proper care and preservation of Canada's cultural heritage and to advance the practice, science, and technology of conservation.
- Artwatch International, Inc.
International watchdog organization dedicated to the preservation of art.
- Getty Conservation Institute
Activities include research in the laboratory and field, education and publications, the care of collections, and grant support.
- Williamstown Art Conservation Center (WACC)
Located on the grounds of the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, it treats objects ranging from family photographs, antiques, and heirlooms to some of the most important paintings, sculpture, and furniture in the country.
- Art Restoration: Two Cultures United
Economist.com article looking at how technology is bringing new powers, and new problems, to art research and conservation.
- NOVA: Lost Treasures of Tibet
Chronicles the restoration project of the Tibetan Buddhist art within the Thubchen monastery, located in the Kingdom of Mustang.
- Robert Fulford's Column About Art Restoration in Italy
Touches upon the controversy surrounding the restoration of Michelangelo's paintings in the Sistine Chapel.
- The Detroit Institute of Arts: Disaster Preparedness Planning
Information on how to prevent or reduce harm to people, buildings, and collections in the event of catastrophic events.
- State Russian Museum Exhibits Conservation Department
Information about the work of repairing and restoring artwork in the museum collection.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art: Conservation
Outlines the Conservation Department's recent projects.
- Media Center for Art History, Archaeology & Historic Preservation
explores material culture, vision, media, and pedagogy in the broadest sense to connect faculty research and student learning through the creative application of technology.